Saturday, May 16, 2009

Safari in Nakuru, Kenya.

I spent my last two weeks in Africa with the Mendonsa's in Kenya. It was fabulous. Our our last weekend together. Bob and Julie took me to Nakuru for a last African horrah. Here are a couple of pictures I took.


Julie and I in front of Lake Nakuru...

Tons of Flamingos!!







There were Rhino's everywhere!



Look closely at the baby rhino....


Me sitting on Baboon Lookout.

The baboons were so cute!




However, I think my favorite adventure was when Bob thought..."Hmm I think I can get us through that mud." Nope, never been so stuck in my life. We were stuck in the mud (more like a gigantic mud pit--what WAS Bob thinking?) for a good half hour. Good thing the rangers came by. Bob put planks under the wheels and got pretty muddy. I drove the land cruiser and the rangers pulled us out....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such amazing pictures of such beautiful places. I'd love to talk to you about your experiences in Burundi if you have a chance. philothumos@gmail.com