Saturday, March 21, 2009

The FNL.



The FNL.
I saw the FNL this week. Loads of them. Hundreds of them. I was riding in a Land cruiser with Mars Hill Church when a modorcade of Government Trucks passed us with dozens of Rebels in the back of each vehicle. I'm not just talking about a couple of pick up trucks either, but numerous Military trucks. There were at least 15 vehicles and a lot of AK-47's.
I was shocked. When I asked if it was the military, my friend and co-worker stated that it was the FNL (Burundi's last Rebel group) being brought in from the bush. A peace agreement with the Government has been in process for the last couple of months and the FNL were being brought in to be registered as a formal Political Party. In addition to their party being registered many of the FNL are to be placed in the Military or perhaps the Police force and others will be given a stipend.
I can not describe to you the scene of sitting in the land cruiser, observing the motorcade of Government vehicles with hundreds of FNL cheering and celebrating as they were being taken to the military camp.
For more information on the FNL you can click on the link below:

No comments: