Monday, July 14, 2008

Whirling...

I feel like time is just flashing past. I have less than 3 weeks left before I head to CO Springs for my 3 week training. Two of that is spent in DC while, And I'll be spending another week visiting family and friends in Oshkosh/Milwaukee WI.

This past week I was in Baltimore for a four day training with World Relief and then I traveled up to NYC from there to visit my friend Meg. As for the World Relief training....SO much information I can barely process it all. I definitely have a better picture of World Relief and what I'll be doing in Burundi. But I'd be lying if I said that my mind had taken it all in. I think that all of the info is just swirling around as the reality of moving to Burundi sets in. I'm passed the romanticized part of moving to Burundi. Reality is definitely in the forefront of my mind...

As for my time in NYC, I had a great time visiting my friend Meg. I met Meg during my second trip to Uganda back in 06. She and Jess were definitely a God send as I stayed with them during my crazy time in Gulu. Meg and I had a blast walking literally all over the city...we didn't even bother to take the subway. Jess flew in on Sunday and I got to catch up with her as well....

Note to self...move to NYC when I return from Burundi;)

And now I'm back in DC wrapping up the final touches to my life here. I have 2 weeks to raise the remaining amount of the 30,000 budget...and say good bye to all of my friends, teenagers, and cute Burundian kids. I am jam-packed!

Here's how things look for me until I head out to Buj:

July 19th, going away party/hang with teens
July 21st Fundraiser at BD's Mongolian BBQ in Bethesda (hope you can come out--if I get 50 people to sign in under my name %5 of the proceeds of the day go to me).
July 24th: Head to WI
July 31: Return to DC
Aug 3: Say goodbye to Burundians. Cry. Get commissioned at McLean 5:30pm.
Aug 4th Head to Co Springs for training.
August 23rd, head to Bujumbura Burundi....

I feel like I barely have time to breath. I have many things to do on my "Need to finish before flying off on my 2 day flight to Buj" list:

If you would like to support my too year stint with World Relief Burundi there are a couple of ways you can do that. The first option and most needed is monthly financial support. If you're interested in a monthly commitment please email me at Jillianm.lee@gmail.com and I would be happy to give you the needed materials. My goal is to have $1250 of committed monthly support. If you would like to make a one time on-line donation you can do so by clicking on the following link and selecting Jillian Lee in the designation box. https://community.wr.org/NETCOMMUNITY/SSLPage.aspx?pid=938&srcid=938

And of course your prayers are needed! I'll update my prayer requests on this Blog as time goes on. Currently most of my prayer needs revolve around my departure preparations...raising support, saying goodbye to friends, my transition to Burundi, etc.





As for the highlight of the day....my Burundian kids running up and giving me all hugs at once nearly knocking me over. Have I mentioned how much I love them???




No comments: